Based on 2 review(s) | Write your own review
The INCRA I-Box is the most advanced tool ever produced for creating a stunning variety box joint and finger joints. Its revolutionary design allows faster setup, greater versatility, and improved user safety compared to conventional jigs. At the same time, it's easy to use and the included 1-hour instructional DVD covers everything from basic setup to advanced decorative joinery.
This single jig can be used on both your table saw and your router table, and it's dual pitch lead screw mechanics easily micro-adjust joint tightness and provide a whopping 1/8" to 3/4" range of pin widths. It's capable of making good fitting box joints using any width cutter within that range in lumber from 1/4" to 1" thick.
The advantages continue far beyond the basics. I-Box-exclusive joints like the Center Keyed Box Joint can be used to produce symmetrical patterns on any width lumber, allowing you the flexibility to create joinery that matches existing project plans rather than altering board widths to fit the limited possibilities of traditional box joint jigs.
The Splined Box Joint is another INCRA-only decorative joint that's guaranteed to add wow-factor to your projects, and the I-Box can even be used to produce an unlimited variety of classic Dentil Mouldings!
Nothing says "Craftsmanship" like adding solid wood hinges to your projects, and the I-Box can be used in conjunction with the INCRA HingeCrafter (fractional or metric versions) to produce wooden hinges in four different barrel diameters and in lengths up to 10".
If you've been looking to improve your shop's joinery capabilities with a fast, versatile, and easy to use method for producing box joints of all descriptions, the INCRA I-Box is what you've been waiting for. USA
The INCRA I-Box is packed with innovative features:
- Use it on your table saw or router table to cut great looking box joints with a stacking-type dado blade, dedicated box joint blade set, or straight router bits.
- Reversible design works on either side of the cutter.
- Exclusive dual-pitch lead screw mechanism for fast micro-adjusting and a broad 1/8" to 3/4" range of pin widths cut into lumber from 1/4" to 1" thick.
- A Positioning Engine mechanism that sets both pin width and spacing with a single adjustment.
- Exclusive INCRA GlideLOCK miter bar fits standard 3/4" x 3/8" miter slots with a 0.740" - 0.762" adjustment range.
- FREE 1-hour instructional DVD covers basic setups through advanced decorative joinery
- Works alongside the INCRA HingeCrafter to produce solid wood hinges.
- Front and rear blade guards keep you protected. The front guard also stabilizes boards vertically and is adjustable for 1/4" to 1" lumber thicknesses for box joints or even thicker for other applications. This also allows you to cut 2 or more pieces at a time depending on board thickness.
- The wide fence clamps lumber securely into position for cutting - much better than hand-holding boards, especially when joining small or large lumber.
- Reversible & reusable MDF sub fence dramatically reduces or eliminates tearout.
Easy assembly if you follow the instructions. Easy setup if you follow the instructions. Easy and repeatable box joints if you follow the instructions. Noticing a theme here? Build quality is great. Jig is squared to the runner at the factory but is adjustable. Mine arrived dead on the money. The precision is as good as it gets. I like my fingers at -.006. I made one test cut, measured with my calipers, tweaked the fine adjuster and was spot on the next cut. I can't ask for more than that. Do yourself a favor, though, and follow the instructions exactly. If you don't you're going to have a bad time. It's also worth mentioning, don't tighten everything like it's a connecting rod. It's aluminum extrusion (probably 6061 T6 which is most extrusion). While it's durable despite its thickness, it's not Gr.50 steel. Snug is enough.
I bought this item to replace my ShopSmith box joint jig. This Incra Jig has that jig beat by a mile. All the features have been well thought out and are easy to use. Setup is a snap and it is very easy to get a great fitting joint the first time. Fine tuning the fit is straight forward and extremely precise. The replaceable backer board is easy to reposition for different size fingers and it's easy to make your own once you have used up all the spots. It is worth every penny and I strongly urge you to try one for yourself. Hartville' s return policy gives you the ability to try it out. But I am sure that once you use it, you'll agree with me that it's a keeper.