The Ci2 Easy Rougher is a carbide cutter wood turning tool that addresses fatigue, safety, and efficiency like no other type of tool. It is designed to effortlessly hog away massive amounts of material for any wood turning process without the need for sharpening. The tool design provides support directly beneath the cutting edge transferring the cutting pressure downward allowing the lathe to "take the pounding" that would normally be transmitted to you when using a conventional bowl gouge for roughing. No more "white knuckling" a bowl gouge.
- Because of the cutter shape and side relief of the blade the tool can cut left, right, or straight in without changing approach angle
- Get deeper cuts - up to 1" off the diameter in one pass.
- Requires very little physical strength or exertion
- Feet and hips stay in nearly the same position for the blank roughing process.
- Very minimal handle bouncing on irregular shaped blanks
- Reduced kick-back or "sucking" into work piece
- Chip Deflector keeps most projectiles away from the face and neck
- No intimidating cutting angles to learn and remember
- No bevels to ride
- No fear of a dangerous catch
3/8" x 3/8" square stainless steel blade is approximately 9" long overall. Handle tang is approx. 2" long. Tool offered here as un-handled for those who prefer to make their own custom grips. Tool also available handled (#95319).
Includes standard 7/16" x 7/16" square carbide cutter. An optional 2" radius (R2) cutter is available separately.USA